Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Racing Anime

Recently I re-discovered my love for vehicles and racing anime. So I went back and watched a few

IGPX
IGPX was an awesome anime, it is one of the few anime series that I was able to watch on toonami without catching the re-runs. I was overyenjoyed that they fused racing with mecha fights. Though I wish they picked a better voice actress for the character Liz, I like Melissa Rodriquez but I dont know if she was the fight fit for Liz. Well anyway if you haven't seen IGPX I suggest you do, I believe you can find all the episodes at animefreak.tv.




Rideback
 I have to be honest I only watched this anime because it was on netflix and I was bored but I just fell in love with it. Rideback infuses a mecha with a motorcycle that has 2 forms. It takes place in a futuristic setting with Rideback's as a growing sport. The main character is Rin, a former dancer that discovered ridebacks one day and fell in love with ridebacking. It is pretty rare to see a girl as the main character for both a racing and mecha anime. If you would rather read and know japanese, Rideback has its own manga thats currently unavailable in english unless you look on mangafox (theres only 1 chapter in english but its 103 pages long) sssh! dont tell anybody ;)





Redline- Redline is an awesome movie from Madhouse Studios, the same people that made the Rideback anime. Redline in one critics review is stated as "Speed Racer on Crack" I truly agree with that statement. It has fights, alien worlds, cars with weapons, sexy women, and a ton of action Its a guy movie made in heaven. But dont worry ladies and gents there is even a little romance thrown itnto the mix. The main character is Sweet JP, a racer that drives a classic american car and has a classic japanese deliquent hair cut that reminds me of Ryo from Shaman King. There is a little nudity but not too much. I fell in love with this movie and I only wished it was longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment